Picker / Packer / Dispatch Operative
Working alongside the Dispatch Manager and Supervisors, you will be responsible for ensuring customers’ orders are picked and labelled correctly, ready for dispatch. This is a fast-paced job which requires customers’ orders to be picked in a timely and efficient manner.
Current working hours are 9.30am/10.30am starts until finish. Working 5 days a week, across a 7-day production, which includes weekends. Basic maths skills will also be required for this job role.
• Ensuring all customer orders are picked in a timely manner, and the product leaves the factory meeting company specification with particular attention paid to quality
• Ensure the products are picked to exact customer requirements – undamaged, hygienically and without waste of manpower or time.
• Ensuring all products picked and accurately counted in a timely manner.
• Ensure your immediate supervisor/manager is aware of problem areas in picking before they become critical to the job
• Keep accurate and legible paperwork.
• Responsible for packing a designated section each day.
• Prior to finishing each day, all checks must be carried out to ensure there are no products remaining, and spot checks carried out on customer orders to ensure correct.
• Always setting a good example to staff in both manner and conduct.
• Ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as Health & Safety regulations.
• An any other reasonable tasks that are required as part of the needs of the business
Key Skills Required
• This job can be repetitive; therefore, candidates must be flexible, hard-working and possess a positive attitude to work.
• Experience of working in a food environment is advantageous, however full training will be given
• Basic maths skills